Windows cannot access \\testpc
Error Code: 0x800704cf
If your system is a workstation joined with local domain controller and you are getting above (same) error while trying to access ANY shared resource/system on the network, then you may try following fix. This error gave me straight 1 hour headache, so I really don’t want anyone else to bang their head on the wall for the same.
Fix > :~)
- Open (Currently active) Network Adapter properties,
- UNCHECK the ‘Client for microsoft Networks‘ / OK
- Open Regedit, & Navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters”
- Create a new key with following parameters
Type: DWORD Value
- Once Done, Restart your computer, & MAKE SURE TO ENABLE THE ‘CLIENT FOR MICROSOFT NETWORK’ in the adapter settings.
Now check and hopefully you will be able to access the shared resources without any error.
- ipconfig /flushdns
- nbtstat -RR
- netsh int ip reset
- netsh winsock reset