Few days back, I was upgrading Lotus Domino 8.5.3 Fix pack 4 to Fix Pack 6, and during upgrade, I encountered following error …
To solve it, Make sure that
- Lotus DOMINO is stopped by using QUITE command in domino console,
- Lotus Services are STOPPED in services before running the upgrade package
- Any Lotus CONSOLE is closed
[I forgot to close the console which resulted in wastage of precious 15 minutes on Live Production Server, anyway this is how you learn things in real life,]
8.5.3 Fix Pack 6 Preliminary Fix List descriptions:
- SPR# TSHI8SD538(LO68047) – Fixed an intermittent Notes client crash when opening a corrupted Notes document.
- SPR# ACHG8STC6T(LO68380) – Fixes intermittent Notes Client crash when the user hits “send” on a large email (also the email is lost).
- SPR# MCHZ8R4HPK(LO67040) – “Search Directory For” results in Typeahead are displayed in Alphabetical Order. (technote 1580001)
- SPR# KBRN8Q6JXC(LO71360) – Performance and reliability fix to network session code.Prior to this fix, many users accessing a Domino server simultaneously could cause a performance bottleneck resulting in slow server response or timeouts attempting to connect to the server. The error ‘Unable to redirect failover from <SERVERNAME>’ could also appear where SERVERNAME is the same name of the server encountering the issue.
- SPR# JPAI94HR3N(LO75003) – Fixes potential deadlock on process startup between LkMgr locker and semaphore locker(Directory manager queue semaphore). (technote 1644240)
- SPR# MYAA8LV385(LO64012) – Fixes an issue where an incorrect warning for a database over quota threshold could be generated.
- +SPR# RMAA94WKMG(LO73956) – Fixes intermittent Domino Server crash when closing a database. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2. (technote 1644232)
- SPR# VPRS8YBRZ6(LO71728) – Fixes Domino Server mail relay host crash on router on Jonah::asn_sorted::encode_value
- +SPR# AJMO8NVM8F(LO66491) – Prevent Directory Assistance on Domino 64-bit servers from doing unnecessary search references and referrals which were leading to “81” LDAP timeout errors. This regression was introduced in 8.5.
- SPR# JPMS8KZLLC(LO63217) – Fixes Domino Server crash during database cache maintenance with PANIC: ERROR – LockMemHandle() Handle 0xF0259F47 is not allocated
- SPR# PPET98CPBN(LO7562) – Security enhancement to scrub query strings causing search to fail; work around is to add the following notes.ini: HTTP_QUERY_STRING_SCRUB=0. This fix changes the default to be off instead of being on and adds new code to prevent security X-Site script attacks against search urls.
- SPR# AJAS8WSB9B(LO70861) – Prior to this fix multiple “Received” headers could be overwritten by one when retrieving e-Mails with IMAP client.
- SPR# KHAN87ZUTS(LO55991) – Prevents excessive InsertPermutations recursion that can lead to a Domino Server crash. The new notes.ini variable MAX_PERMUTE_RECURSE=<number>, where <number> limits the number of hierarchical responses that can be added to a given collection, is recommended to be set to 200. (technote 1600317)
- +SPR# PHEY8UDJYW(LO65911) – Fixes ACL corruption with: “ACL Corrupt in database <Database_Name> creating new ACL with default set to no access”. Now we block unintended deletion of ACL Note that would leave to a DB set to no access.This was a regression introduced in 8.5.3.
- SPR# WRAY8QKLTQ(LO66604) – Fixed issue where when opening messages in iNotes Ultra Light Mode, that have mixed case mail file names specified in the URL, the mail message fails to open.
- SPR# KRAU8Y2MX6(LO71593) – Fixes issue where the iNotes UI window shrinks to a small size when the iNotes UI is resized several times.
- SPR# HKOA7T4DN5(LO49113) – Notes web: Fixed an issue where the web browser could hang if a window is resized to or from a very small size.
- SPR# PTHN96NRTP(LO45468) – Notes web: Fixed an issue where the unread count on a folder is not updated automatically when new messages were transferred into it via a mail rule. Clicking on the folder or using F5 to refresh would update the count.
- +SPR# HSKM8TN39T(LO68949) – Fixed problem which caused a custom sized table to be inserted in the wrong place in the Rich Text Editor. This is a regression in 8.5.3.